Re: [nssldap] nss_map_attribute gidNumber problem

Re: [nssldap] nss_map_attribute gidNumber problem

Jeffrey Watts wrote:
Thanks for linking to that, that seems very useful.  However, in this
circumstance, will that address his problem with gidNumber?

It seems to me that while that would allow people like Liam to have a
standardized format for the LDAP attributes he's using, how would someone like
him be able to configure NSS-LDAP to map, say, gidNumber;host-foobar to
gidNumber for users, but map gidNumber itself to groups?

The point of using attribute options is that the base attribute type remains the same, and therefore doesn't need to be mapped at all. Mapping is a poor solution to this problem, so remove mapping from the equation.

Jeffrey.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com