Re: [nssldap] Using nss_base filters

This raises the question I was thinking all along:

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to prevent people
doing searches from seeing those other entries, are you trying to
restrict access to a system?

Those other entries can still be visible while still restricting access
to a system to only certain groups.

If you're using PAM with pam_ldap, you can add the host attribute to a
user account to restrict access to only certain systems. From
/etc/ldap.conf on a RHEL 5.5 system:

# Check the 'host' attribute for access control
# Default is no; if set to yes, and user has no
# value for the host attribute, and pam_ldap is
# configured for account management (authorization)
# then the user will not be allowed to login.
#pam_check_host_attr yes

--
Prentice

--