Re: [nssldap] 8 principal limitation in nssldap

Re: [nssldap] 8 principal limitation in nssldap

On 3/26/2011 8:37 AM, rammie2 wrote:

Hi,

We are using nss_ldap for authenticating users registered in a LDAP server
(Open LDAP, Active Directory). After adding 8 principals (/etc/ldap.conf),
none of the users registered in the /etc/ldap.conf file are able to login.

principals? Principals are not added to the /etc/ldap.conf  Or do you mean RDN?

  The LDAP API references an LDAP object by its distinguished name (DN).
  A DN is a sequence of relative distinguished names (RDN) connected by commas.

  An RDN is an attribute with an associated value in the form attribute=value;
  normally expressed in a UTF-8 string format. The following table lists typical
  RDN attribute types.

nss_base_passwd
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname
nss_base_shadow
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname
nss_base_group
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname

Have you tried using something like:
base DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname
nss_base_passwd OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,
nss_base_shadow OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,
nss_base_group OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,

Don't know it it will help or not.

Can you please share the reason for this 7 limitation in the nss_ldap
library. or how I can fix this issue. I am looking for the header file in
the source files whhich has this constant or limitation defined.

  Tried googling, but it appears that no one has encountered this issue. Some
customers of our product are running into this issue and it has become a
severity 1 issue to fix. Appreciate any help on this

Thanks
Ramakanth

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>