2024 Update to Irish PPS Number validation

2024 Update to Irish PPS Number validation

Hi Arthur,

The stdnum package is great, and the company I work for has been using the Stdnum IE PPS validator without any issues for a while now.
However very recently we've had an increasing number of complaints from Irish clients who have PPS numbers that end with the letter B, which I’ve learnt is a new thing as of 2024.

I've tried to find more information about this, and I’ve found a notice from Chartered Accountants Ireland that there is a new range of numbers and the Irish Department of Social Protection confirmed to me in an email: “All new PPSN now end in the letter B. 7 digits and two letters, second letter Bâ€�.

I’ve made a pull request on python-stdnum to update the PPS module to allow validation of these new ‘B-range’ numbers and added some tests.  I’d love it if you could give it a look, as we’d ideally like to be able to validate these new numbers as soon as possible.

Any questions/issues please let me know

Warm regards

Olly Middleton

Olly Middleton | Associate Developer Manager

• omiddleton [at] ep.com • www.ep.com

Great Place to Work-Certified™

Disclaimer

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not a named addressee you are prohibited from reviewing, printing, disseminating, distributing, copying or altering this email or any part of it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender of the error immediately, do not read or use the communication in any manner, destroy all copies, and delete it from your system if the communication was sent via email. Warning: Although Entertainment Partners has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the recipient is responsible for checking for and deleting viruses. Entertainment Partners does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.