Re: Preventing NSS from querying LDAP for system users

Re: Preventing NSS from querying LDAP for system users

Hey, Ryan

> Unfortunately, nscd is not a good solution.  It is fraught with many
> problems, and in addition was clearly not designed
> with security in mind (doesn't work with TLS/SSL).

Would you mind explaining what you mean about nscd problems? I am
having a hard time seeing how it could possibly be insecure, but if
you know something, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Also, are you sure about nscd not working with TLS? Again, as far as I
understand how nss-ldapd works, I can't see how nscd would break if
the connection to the LDAP server uses TLS.

-Ryan