Re: Losing users & groups from Active Directory 2008r2

Re: Losing users & groups from Active Directory 2008r2

Le Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:20:35 +0200,
Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org> a écrit :

> On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 18:02 +0200, Emmanuel Lesouef wrote:
> > This is really disturbing. But there's another difference : in order
> > not to alter the tests, I stopped nscd (which is running on all
> > "faulty" servers) on this server.
> >
> > Is nscd possibly responsible of the issue ? I don't know how it
> > could be, but...
>
> nscd could be the cause. It is known to be a bit buggy and I have seen
> problems with older versions, e.g.:
> http://bugs.debian.org/559271

Having disabled nscd ont two servers, those two correctly authenticate
my users against AD 2008r2.

I really condider disabling nscd on all servers.

> > Anyway, I restarted nslcd in debug mode on a nscd running "faulty"
> > server. We'll see tomorrow if this has something to do in common.
>
> Have you seen any problems? Is there anything interesting in the logs?

Not on the two above but to complete the tests, I just disabled one
more nscd on a server that lost its AD users this morning.

Sorry for not having answered sooner.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef