Re: RPM packaging for version 0.8.12

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 13:28 +0100, Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> After some digging in the SPEC file I found that there is a "check"
> section that calls make in the tests directory:
>
> %check
> make check
>
> I removed that section and now the compilation works fine and the RPM
> package is built succesfully.

This disables running the tests. If there is a legitimate failure in the
tests I would still like to be able to reproduce the issue because it
could also show up in production environments.

> test_tio: test_timeout_writer: written 186 blocks of 20 bytes in 0 second(s)
> test_tio: test_tio.c:321: test_timeout_writer: Assertion `end>start' failed.
> /bin/sh: line 5:  8676 Abortado                ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: test_tio

The test_timeout_writer test writes to a stream that no one is reading
anything from. The timeout is set to a little over one second which
means that the 0 second(s) reported indicates that the timeout mechanism
is not properly working.

Could you try nss-pam-ldapd 0.8.10 for me and see if the tests pass for
that release? Could you tell me the version of Glibc that you are using
as well as the kernel version?

Attached is a version of test_tio.c that also checks errno which may be
interesting. Also strace output of the failing test could also be
helpful.

Thanks,