Re: nslcd: error reading from client: Timer expired

Re: nslcd: error reading from client: Timer expired

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
I'm not sure from the top of my head. Arthur, do you know which upstream revisions fixed the problem? Was is r1783 ?

No, r1782 from the 0.7 branch is the fix for processes with a large number of file descriptors open. Note that name lookups can still fail but should no longer break the application.

In 0.8 there is r1783 which switches from select() to poll() and should also work when more than FD_SETSIZE file descriptors are open.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --