Re: User Authentication with nslcd 0.8.13

Re: User Authentication with nslcd 0.8.13

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Arthur de Jong <arthur [at] arthurdejong.org> wrote:
On the other hand, you probably want to use a PAM module that uses LDAP
for authentication. nss-pam-ldapd also includes a PAM module. You can
use the PAM module by editing files under /etc/pam.d. Details on this
depend on how you installed the PAM module and your distribution.

I did use the PAM module that came with nss-pam-ldapd also. I built it linking it with LDAP and SSL libraries. I edited the files under /etc/pam.d to first try LDAP before trying the local unix authentication.

In /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/ssh I have:
auth       sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass

And I made sure that /lib/security path has those .so files. Then I tried logging in via SSH. It failed after asking me for the password 3 times. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!