Re: User Authentication with nslcd 0.8.13

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 14:10 -0500, Priya Seshaadri wrote:
> I did use the PAM module that came with nss-pam-ldapd also. I built it
> linking it with LDAP and SSL libraries. I edited the files
> under /etc/pam.d to first try LDAP before trying the local unix
> authentication.

Are you sure /lib/security/pam_ldap.so is the nss-pam-ldapd version? Can
you do:
  ldd /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
  objdump -TC /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

> In /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/ssh I have:
> auth       sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
> auth       required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
>

> And I made sure that /lib/security path has those .so files. Then I
> tried logging in via SSH. It failed after asking me for the password 3
> times. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!

That should be the basic configuration. The online documentation
contains another example:
  http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/setup