Re: innetgr support?

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 13:48 +0000, Mark R Bannister wrote:
> I've hit a problem on Solaris 11 with sudo.  I see the innetgr
> constructor has not been implemented yet.  This means that innetgr()
> doesn't work on Solaris, which is a major roadblock.

I was under the impression that innetgr() was emulated with
setnetgrent(), getnetgrent() calls if the interface was not present. On
Glibc the NSS modules do not even expose an innetgr() function at all.

Attached is a completely untested patch that should implement the
function with the proper interface. It does basically what the emulation
described above does. This also seems to be what nss_ldap does on
Solaris.

It would also be possible to implement a real innetgr call all the way
to nslcd that would then perform an LDAP search with more filters
applied but I'm a bit lazy today.

Again, the patch is written without even passing it through a compiler
so there are probably errors in the code.

Kind regards,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --