Re: small myldap.c patch

Hi Arthure,

that makes sense, I could not find LDAP_OPT_X_TLS in the ldap_set_option man page, so it looked odd!

My other question next question is, why aren't other tls options set in myldap.c, for example tls_ciphers, tls_cacert etc? I see them set in cfg.c...

Regards,

Rob

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Arthur de Jong <arthur [at] arthurdejong.org> wrote:
On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 12:02 -0700, Robert Brooks wrote:
> I believe we are looking to set TLS_REQUIRE_CERT to hard here...

Hi,

Thanks for your patch but no, the setting of LDAP_OPT_X_TLS is
intentional. It is used to specify an ldaps:// connection (even if no
ldaps:// URL is specified and may be required for some LDAP libraries).

It is a bit weird that LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_HARD is used as a value for
LDAP_OPT_X_TLS but seems intentional:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200202/msg00456.html

Kind regards,

--
-- arthur - arthur [at] arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --

--
Robert Brooks
Head of Systems

Tel: +1 (415) 758-2220

http://www.reporo.com
World's Largest & Most Lucrative Mobile Ad Network