Re: pam_authz_search parameters

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, Lakshmi Narasimhan, Premkumar (RIS-ORL) wrote:
I have SSHD is running in virtual box centos 7.  We are using $rhost parameter in pam_authz_search, to get the ipaddress of the remote host.

The rhost value is provided by sshd. It seems that you can prevent sshd from doing name lookups is to start it with the -u0 option or use UseDNS no in sshd_config (they do not have exactly the same effect).

Note that this does not work with all sshd configurations (see the sshd manual page for some caveats).

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --