nslcd 7.5 and TLS_CERT/TLS_KEY with StartTLS

nslcd 7.5 and TLS_CERT/TLS_KEY with StartTLS

Hi,

I'm trying to use nslcd 7.5 (the version that comes with RHEL 6.7) with OpenLDAP 2.4.23 using client-side TLS_CERT and TLS_KEY and "ssl start_tls".

If I enable start_tls and use the TLS_CERT/TLS_KEY then nslcd will not connect to my LDAP servers.   If I turn off start_tls then I can specify TLS_CERT & TLS_KEY but it doesn't seem to use the client-side cert for authentication.   Also, start_tls without TLS_CERT/TLS_KEY seems to work as well.

I can access my LDAP servers from the command line with "-ZZ -Y EXTERNAL" no problem.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

--
Frank