Re: Problem with PAM password changes

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 16:19 -0500, Frank Crow wrote:
> However, if I try to change a user's password via the PAM stack
> (i.e., with "passwd" or from the Gnome GUI), I get:
>
> "Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) Additional info:
> SASL(-7): invalid parameter supplied: Unable to find a callback:
> 32774"
>
> I tried changing pam_ldap.conf to only use "crypt" (instead of exop)
> but that didn't help.

nss-pam-ldapd uses nslcd.conf for configuration. The setup is slightly
different from PADL's pam_ldap but nslcd also performs an EXOP password
change. You can however run nslcd in debug mode (-d switch) to get more
information.

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --