Re: pam_authz_search $tty

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 20:32 +0000, Lakshmi Narasimhan, Premkumar (RIS-
ORL) wrote:
> Is there any substitution variable in nslcd that would identify if
> the user is connecting using TLS/SSL or If I run vsftpd (ftp & ftps)
> as separate instances will I be able use the $service substitution
> variable to differentiate if user is connecting using ftp or ftps.

In vsftpd I can only find the pam_service_name configuration option but
I counldn't find anything that is related to the type of connection
that is passed to PAM.

What you could do is run one vsftpd in non-SSL mode and
pam_service_name to ftp and one in SSL-only mode and set the service
name to ftps.

In nslcd.conf you can then use $service in filters.

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --