From: Arthur de Jong [arthur [at] arthurdejong.org]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 7:07 AM
To: Lakshmi Narasimhan, Premkumar (RIS-ORL);
nss-pam-ldapd-users@lists.arthurdejong.org
Subject: Re: pam_authz_search $tty

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 20:32 +0000, Lakshmi Narasimhan, Premkumar (RIS-
ORL) wrote:
> Is there any substitution variable in nslcd that would identify if the
> user is connecting using TLS/SSL or If I run vsftpd (ftp & ftps) as
> separate instances will I be able use the $service substitution
> variable to differentiate if user is connecting using ftp or ftps.

In vsftpd I can only find the pam_service_name configuration option but I
counldn't find anything that is related to the type of connection that is
passed to PAM.

What you could do is run one vsftpd in non-SSL mode and pam_service_name to ftp
and one in SSL-only mode and set the service name to ftps.

In nslcd.conf you can then use $service in filters.

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --

---------------------------------------- The information contained in this
e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication
and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail,
and delete the original message.