Re: Offline caching to use with laptops

On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 11:01 -0500, Yuusha Spacewolf wrote:
> Mirroring the ldap users manualy is also not a good solution for me
> and i wouldn't want to expose the userPassword.
>
> Do you know some solution that can be good for this use case?

There is not a ready-made solution for this in nss-pam-ldapd. Some work
went into implementing caching in the pynslcd implementation but it is
not yet as feature-rich as nslcd. The current implementation is also
missing credential caching.

I think sssd does have some mechanism for caching credentials for
offline use though I don't have first-hand experience with it.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - https://arthurdejong.org/ --