Re: "Invalid credentials" after nss-pam-ldapd upgrade

Re: "Invalid credentials" after nss-pam-ldapd upgrade

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018, Tomek wrote:
After upgrading nslcd package from 0.9.4-3 to 0.9.7-2 (Debian Jessie to Stretch), I cannot pass user authentication (got Invalid credentials). On machines with older nslcd version (0.9.4-3) configured to the same ldap server everything goes fine. I use the same nslcd.conf file for both versions. Open-LDAP server supports anonymous search and simple bind (no SASL and TLS/SSL).

Can you provide the relevant bits of a successful 0.9.4 login?

All in all there should not be that many changes in the way authentication is done between those versions. In 0.9.7 you can try to use the pam_authc_ppolicy option to disable ppolicy queries to see if that changes anything because that is the only area where some changes were made.

Kind regards,

--
-- Arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --