Re[2]: Map subjectSid to higher number

Perfect. Thanks a lot. I missed that in man (5) nslcd.conf

Sunday, October 6, 2019 1:06 PM +02:00 from Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>:

On Wed, 2019-10-02 at 15:01 +0300, Max Mustermann wrote:
> AD Users could have SubjectSid in lower range 1000-3000, which may
> cause a conflict with local users.
> Is there a way to map these values to higher numbers? So for instance
> if the mapped SubjectSid for uidNumber
> and gidNumber is 1008 could it be mapped to something like 101008,
> just to avoid conflicts if the uidNumber is already taken?

You should be able to use nss_uid_offset option to change values found
in the directory to local values. This should also work correctly in
combination with the objectSid mapping.

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur [at] arthurdejong.org - https://arthurdejong.org/ --