Re: fixes for getpeercred.c

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 10:25:11PM +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:

> Thanks, I've applied the fix as
> https://arthurdejong.org/git/nss-pam-ldapd/commit/?id=e9662f1

Thanks.  There are a few more changes before we can compile cleanly on
NetbSD, I have a proposal in to import the FreeBSD nss compat headers so
we should just be able to use the FreeBSD style compat layer.

> The pointers to stack allocated variables are only passed to
> getpeereid() and are not returned by getpeercred(). They are only there
> to ensure that getpeereid() is not called with NULL pointers.

Ah yes, you are correct.  Seeing the addresses of stack variables
assigned to function parameters made me a bit twitchy.

On another topic, can I gently prod about the change proposal I posted a
while ago?  I am happy to do the work but it is important to me that the
changes are incorportated into this project.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",