Filing an enhancement request

Hi,

We're using nslcd in an SDN scenario, and like a lot of SDN backends, we
synthesize the configuration files from another source (in this case, from
YANG/Netconf).

The "map" option is a little tricky.  The MAP argument and ATTRIBUTE are
trivial to validate, they're just keywords in a known list.

But the NEWATTRIBUTE syntax is a lot more work, and possible subject to change.

What would help is the ability to write a temporary ("candidate") configuration
to another path, and run "nslcd" to parse and validate that config, and then
exit with a go/no-go status code.

Thus I'm proposing two options:

-f conf-file            pathname to alternate configuration file

-t                      test configuration file for validity and exit

I think these are relatively simple changes.

I'd have filed a bug but I can't figure out where to do that on the home page.

Thanks,

-Philip