[nssldap] Configuring nss_ldap to use null base

[nssldap] Configuring nss_ldap to use null base

Hi!

Can nss_ldap be configured to use a null base when doing searches? You
can do this with ldapsearch by giving it -b "" as commandline
parameter, but I can't find any way to configure nss/pam_ldap to do
the same.

Trying

base

..will make nss_ldap read /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (or its equivalent)
for the default base, and that base might not be correctly set.

base ""

..will make nss_ldap send "" as base, which makes the server
(Novell eDirectory, in my case) response with a invalidDNSyntax
error.

Thanks,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00