Re: [nssldap] id: cannot find name for user ID #

Re: [nssldap] id: cannot find name for user ID #

pkoelle@gmail.com wrote:
Adam Williams schrieb:
nevermind, I think i figured it out, had to change /etc/openldap/slapd.conf to:

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
       by self write
       by anonymous auth
       by * read
       by * none

access to *
       by * read

Don't "fix" your problems by granting everyone read access to all passwords. sambaLMPassword is basically cleartext.

Some distros use other files than /etc/ldap.conf for nss_ldap. Check your /etc/nsswitch.conf and the logs from slapd.

cheers
 Paul

what should I do then?  Can I use by self read or is that invalid?