Re: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

Re: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Patrick Wolfe wrote:

I have one SLES 10 SP2 VM configured with ldap authentication, and the "id" command works just fine. My /etc/nsswitch.conf "passwd" and "group" lines are set to "compat", not "files ldap".

If you are using "compat", then the "+:..." lines in /etc/passwd and /etc/group are appropriate (they are what signal the lookup in LDAP for the compat method). If you're using "files ldap" then you don't need the "+..." lines.

For the OP, what do "getent passwd" and "getent group" return?

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
  "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"