Re: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

Re: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

sure, why not. Note: I've removed the passwords from slapd.conf, plus we have a couple of other programs integrated (sudo, freeradius sendmail) so you might not need the exact same list of schemas. Also, to protect user passwords otherwise sent in cleartext, we use LDAPS (SSL) to encrypt the ldap sessions. We have our own internal SSL CA where we issue certificates to our ldap servers. Our clients only trust openldap servers which have certificates that were issued by our own CA as an added protection.