RE: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

RE: [nssldap] RV: Unix id command and Openldap

Hi guys

i solved my problem. Apparently it was a misconfiguration in the slapd.conf
file of my opneldap server.
it had this line:

access to attrs=userPassword,userPKCS12,memberUid,member
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=vmlx-ldapauth-test,dc=in.iantel.com.uy" write
        by self write
        by * auth

For some reason that line was blocking somehow the correct behaviour of the id
command...
after removing it and restarting the ldap server everything worked as expected.

Any ideas why this line made my life misaerable?? hehe

Saludos,

Oskar Kossuth
Administrador UNIX
ANTEL Telecomunicaciones