Re: [nssldap] Re: getent passwd problems

Re: [nssldap] Re: getent passwd problems

charlie derr wrote:
stephen mulcahy wrote:
Hi,

Some updates on this.

1. I found that you can put the following in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf to get some debug out

debug 1

(where from 1-10 for increasing detail).

2. I also noticed that the LDAP database does not contain uidNumber or gidNumber values for entries - is it possible this is what is causing "getent passwd" to fail?

If you do a slapcat on your ldap directory, do you see uidNumber or gidNumber attributes? If so you may have neglected to rerun slapindex after adding them as indexes (having made this mistake myself).

If you need to run slapindex, shutdown openldap first, run slapindex, start back up after verifying permissions...

--
Josh Miller, RHCE/VCP
Seattle, WA