Re: [nssldap] Re: getent passwd problems

Re: [nssldap] Re: getent passwd problems

charlie derr wrote:
2. I also noticed that the LDAP database does not contain uidNumber or gidNumber values for entries - is it possible this is what is causing "getent passwd" to fail?

Yeah, I think that's definitely going to be a show stopper.

Thanks for the quick reply - and the confirmation that this is the problem.

I'm certainly no expert, but if you don't have those values in LDAP (or even if they're populated, but not visible to cn=aproxy,ou=Service Accounts,ou=BBB Users,dc=ie,dc=bbb,dc=ccc ) then I think you're not going to succeed. I'm curious about how you could have managed to populate these entries in your directory (because for objectClass: posixAccount they're both required attributes). Did you turn off schema checking in your OpenLDAP? (I think you must have because if you hadn't, you wouldn't have been able to add them without valid integers being set for both uidNumber and gidNumber ). If so, I imagine that you'll need to reload your entries with the correct values all populated.

I don't have access to the openldap server I'm working against but afaik it is a proxy for an AD server and is mapping some fields on the fly - so it may not be doing any schema validation. I've passed a request back up the chain to get uidNumber, gidNumber and other posixAccount fields added in but it may take some time to get that sorted out.

Thanks,

-stephen