Re: [nssldap] nss-ldap timeouts when used with nscd and gnutls

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 15:22 -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> > Your analysis makes sense to me. But at the moment I'm no longer
> > interested in nss-ldap since nss-ldapd ( + slapd nssov) works better
> > and offers easier administration.
>
> Sounds interesting, but we are trying to stick with what is offered by
> Ubuntu.

FWIW some releases of Ubuntu have nss-ldapd (libnss-ldapd) but I would
avoid version 0.5. The 0.6.7 release is known to work quite well and is
included in Debian stable. There is however no packaged version of the
nssov in slapd as far as I know (but you can use nss-ldapd without it).

Since we're working hard on a PAM module (actually Howard Chu is doing
all the hard work at the moment) as a side effect we may also make it
more easily possible to use the nss-ldapd NSS module together with a
packaged slapd-nssov package (if such a package would be made).

(it's a bit awkward to post a more or less nss-ldapd promotional message
on the nss_ldap list)

--
-- arthur - arthur@ch.tudelft.nl - http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur --