RE: [nssldap] More patches to nss_ldap 265

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 15:24 +0000, Howard Wilkinson wrote:
> Still plugging away at the Solaris compatibility fixes and have run in
> to the classic problem of finding out what dns domain the local host
> is in. Need this to generate the principal name for the automatic
> saslid generation. Has anybody got a good way of doing this in the
> absense of the getdomainname call?

This may help:
http://arthurdejong.org/viewvc/nss-pam-ldapd/nss-pam-ldapd/nslcd/cfg.c?revision=998&view=markup

There is a cfg_getdomainname() function that should do what you want.
Also, nss-pam-ldapd may contain some more relevant changes. The daemon
part (nslcd) and PAM module should build on Solaris (the NSS module
doesn't but patches are welcome).

During the initial development of nss-pam-ldapd (then nss-ldapd) I based
the code on nss_ldap-251 and removed more than half the code (some of it
was locking and signal-related but also legacy stuff that wasn't used
anywhere). Currently nss-pam-ldapd also includes a PAM module and is
still about half the size of nss_ldap.

Anyway, some of the earlier commits from the nss-pam-ldapd repository
may be of interest. More details here:
http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/