From: owner-nssldap@padl.com [owner-nssldap [at] padl.com] On Behalf Of
Prentice Bisbal
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 1:30 PM
Cc: nssldap@padl.com
Subject: Re: [nssldap] nscd issue

Have you tried turning nscd off completely and tested?

If the errors go away after shutting down nscd, the problem is with
nscd. If the problems remain, the problem is NOT with nscd. When stop
nscd, make sure it's really off using 'ps'. If daemon is hung, the
shutdown script may not be able to kill it.

Are multiple ldap clients having the same problem, or is it just one?
Can you reproduce this problem on another system

It really sounds like you nave a name service problem of some sort
outside of nscd, but it's too difficult to for certain from this distance.

Prentice

Lynn York wrote:
> I keep getting this error in /var/log/messages
>
> Apr 23 10:28:02 hlmon01 getent: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server
> ldap://ldap01.mavenwire.com:389: Can't contact LDAP server
> Apr 23 10:28:02 hlmon01 getent: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server -
> Server is unavailable

MavenWire - We DELIVER
http://www.mavenwire.com

This e-mail and any attached files may contain confidential and/or privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the recipient),
you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  Please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.