Re: [nssldap] nscd issue

Lynn York wrote:
Hello,
I am having an issue with NSCD caching an old host for ldap authentication. I have already run the “nscd –i host” command multiple times and it doesn’t correct the issue. So I removed the DB files for nscd and turned off caching then restarted nscd and still having the same issue. The issue only happens when I comment out the correct ldap servers in /etc/ldap.conf for testing purposes. Can any shed any light on this?

Could this be an issue of ldap trying to locate an ldap server
and using nscd which then calls ldap to locate the ldap server?
Sounds like a circular loop?

Is there some reason you are not using dns for hosts?
Whats in the /etc/nsswitch.conf

nslookup mavenwire.com     show an entry, but
nslookup ldap01.mavenwire.com does not.

Regards,

Lynn York II

MavenWire Hosting Admin

www.mavenwire.com <http://www.mavenwire.com>

(866) 343-4870 x717

MavenWire - We DELIVER

http://www.mavenwire.com

This e-mail and any attached files may contain confidential and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the recipient), you may not review, copy or distribute this message. Please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory