Re: webcheck commit: r468 - in webcheck: . webcheck

Re: webcheck commit: r468 - in webcheck: . webcheck

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 13:07 +0100, Commits of the webcheck project
wrote:
> Author: devin
> Date: Wed Nov 16 13:07:51 2011
> New Revision: 468
>
> Log:
> cleanup after introduction of entry_point

Hi Devin,

I have a few questions about the changes. Why is there a separate script
needed for setuptools and for development? Wouldn't it be much easier to
have one script to avoid things working in development but not with the
script installed? Some applications seem to use the scripts parameter of
setup() for this.

Also, I think setup.py should import as much information from the
webcheck package as possible (currently homepage and version) to avoid
stuff getting out of sync (or is there any easier way to do this?).

I was thinking of flagging  the next release a development release and
since so much stuff has changed make it a 2.0 version.

Thanks,