Re: Not getting correct report from Webcheck

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 07:13 +0530, Moghana Priya wrote:
> I am trying to run webcheck to find broken links for one of the
> websites but I am seeing 404 message for this URL. I am pretty sure
> that this is a valid URL and I am able to see the page when I hit it
> in the browser. Also, I am able to see other crawler tools able to
> crawl this site and generating reports. So, I am not sure why I am not
> able to get the report from Webcheck tool. can you please help on
> this?

From the looks of the output it seems that
  https://online.citibank.com
is (or at least was at the time of the scan) redirecting to
  https://vm-eb0e-1c90.nam.nsroot.net:447/BUSID/JPS/Portal/Index.do

Perhaps the webcheck.dat file in the output directory contains a little
more information.

You could also consider using the Git version of webcheck. It contains a
number of improvements over the released version (it uses a SQLite
database, uses urllib2 for crawling and contains a number of other
fixes).

Kind regards,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --