Re: Help the newbie please

Kean Johnston wrote:
>> You either need to use nssov or pam_ldap+nss_ldap, not both.  The
>> nssov overlay supplants both.
> That cannot possibly work.

I can assure you it does, but I was perhaps a bit broad and short in my
explanation.  You do not need the entirety of
pam_ldap and nss_ldap; rather, just the slimmed-down stub provided to replace
nss_ldap by nss-pam-ldap.  With nssov and
that stub, they talk directly to LDAP via IPC sockets, to avoid the overhead of
traditional pam_ldap/nss_ldap
installations, where those modules acted as the TCP/IP supported glue between
those two and LDAP.

Perhaps I dont need pam_ldap but I certainly

--
Ryan Steele                                    ryans@aweber.com
Systems Administrator                          +1 215-825-2196 x758