Re: release 0.7.7 of nss-pam-ldapd

Arthur de Jong wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 23:49 +0400, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
handle=dlopen("libnss_ldap.so.2",RTLD_LAZY|RTLD_NODELETE); is not very
portable.
nss/Makefile already has NSS_LDAP_NSS_VERSIONED constant defining exact
library name. Maybe we should copy/move that code to main (or NSS)
Makefile and pass this variable via -D ?

Thanks for pointing this out. I have moved the NSS module SONAME
guessing to the configure script (which should be the right place
anyway). The configure switch for this is:

  --with-nss-ldap-soname=SONAME
                          name of NSS module [libnss_ldap.so.2]

This should hopefully also make it easier for people to specify the
SONAME on platforms where it isn't the default.
Thanks for fixing it.

Are there any plans to implement some kind of getent() results caching in nslcd?

By the way, could you please update link for FreeBSD port?
( http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/downloads.html )
http://www.Freshports.org/net/nss_ldapd -> http://www.freshports.org/net/nss-pam-ldapd/