Re: release 0.7.7 of nss-pam-ldapd

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 13:37 +0400, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> Are there any plans to implement some kind of getent() results caching
> in nslcd?

Not any time soon I'm afraid. Currently, if you have performance
problems you can either use nscd, which despite it's buggyness (in Glibc
anyway) does caching, or move the LDAP database closer to the end-user
(e.g. use the nssov slapd overlay).

However, if anyone is willing to implement reliable and correct caching
in nss-pam-ldapd I'm willing to help and integrate the changes.
Currently nslcd only caches DN -> uid lookups (for 15 minutes) for group
membership.

> By the way, could you please update link for FreeBSD port?

Thanks for pointing it out. Last time I checked nss-pam-ldapd was not
yet there.