Re: Erros Compiling nss-pam-ldapd on Solaris 10/x86

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 13:34 +0200, Peter Ohlerich wrote:
> This is my first post to this list.

Welcome ;)

> I want to compile just the nss_ldap part from this package for using
> it for username lookup via ldap on a Sol10/x86 machine.

Currently, nss-pam-ldapd does not support Solaris. A lot of work to get
it working on Solaris was already done. The remaining part is mostly
about how to hook in the NSS module into Solaris' libc.

Note that the nslcd daemon and the PAM modules should both work more or
less (not very well tested though).

> Compiling failed with the following errors:
[...]
> aliases.c:38: error: `NSS_STATUS_UNAVAIL' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
[...]
> Where does these come from. I haven't found the descriptions neither
> in the code nor in the system includes. Is there something missing on
> my machine?

Solaris has a nss_status_t type, while Glibc uses enum nss_status. Also
the status constants are named differently. I've just committed (r1214)
the outstanding changes that should support either variant. So at least
the SVN version should now compile on Solaris.

If anyone is willing to provide the missing part (how the NSS functions
should be called by libc) I would be happy to integrate the work.