Re: Newbie - user authentication failing.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:24 AM, Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 01:53 +0530, Vinay Kalkoti wrote:
>
> Another option would be to use some value that can be found in AD (the
> SID?) to use as a basis for the numeric uid.

objectSid is of type "BINARY". But, the uidNumber is of type "long".

I mapped the uidNumber to objectSid in the nslcd.conf.

"map passwd uidNumber objectSid'

when I run "getent passwd", I see a log in nslcd saying its a non-numeric value.

nslcd: [8b4567] passwd entry CN=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=COM contains non-numeric
objectSid value

Thanks,
Vinay