Re: Dealing with disabled/expired user account authentication

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 11:33 +0530, Vinay Kalkoti wrote:
> When I used OpenLDAP, I had to set the filters explicitly for the
> mapped principal. I am not sure if OpenLDAP does a bind with the user
> account that is used for authentication.

For OpenLDAP the application explicitly has to request password policy
controls. This has not yet been implemented in nss-pam-ldapd.

Some background can be found here:
  http://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/2010/msg00179.html

Patches are more than welcome ;)