Re: ldap_abandon error

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 14:52 +0530, sysadmin wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We are getting below error in our /var/log/messages every two to four
> minutes. We would like to know the problem.
>
> nslcd: [495cff] ldap_abandon() failed to abandon search: Other (e.g.,
> implementation specific) error
>
> we are using RHEL 6.0.with the nss-pam-ldapd-0.7.5-3

Release 0.7.5 is quite old. There were a lot of fixes in later releases
for the handling of the idle_timelimit option, specifically 0.7.13
contains a fix for the handling of that option.

In general errors from ldap_abandon() can be safely ignored though. That
function is called when tearing down an old connection. Do you
experience any problems in getting results from the LDAP server?