Subject: Re: ldap_abandon error
From: Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>
To: sysadmin <sysadmin@medhaindia.com>
Date: 04/22/2011 03:36 PM
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 14:52 +0530, sysadmin wrote:
Dear Sir,

We are getting below error in our /var/log/messages every two to four
minutes. We would like to know the problem.

nslcd: [495cff] ldap_abandon() failed to abandon search: Other (e.g.,
implementation specific) error

we are using RHEL 6.0.with the nss-pam-ldapd-0.7.5-3
Release 0.7.5 is quite old. There were a lot of fixes in later releases
for the handling of the idle_timelimit option, specifically 0.7.13
contains a fix for the handling of that option.

In general errors from ldap_abandon() can be safely ignored though. That
function is called when tearing down an old connection. Do you
experience any problems in getting results from the LDAP server?

individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version.