Re: Kerberos with Activedirectory or password hashing

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 14:04 -0700, John Andrunas wrote:
> I have successfully gotten nslcd to bind to Windows Active Directory
> using a simple bind, but so far have been unable to get it to bind
> with Kerberos.

For Kerberos authentication you should use pam_krb5. You could use
Kerberos to authenticate nslcd to the LDAP server nslcd does not do
Kerberos authentication for normal users.

To authenticate nslcd using Kerberos you should set sasl_mech to GSSAPI
and configure the sasl_realm and krb5_ccname options (and leave out
binddn/bindpw) (at least that what has been reported I personally don't
use Kerberos).