Re: libnss-ldapd on Debian squeeze, authentication ok, but hosts resolution is wrong

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 15:41 +0100, Philippe Marion wrote:
> * getent hosts
> nslcd: [072367] DEBUG: nslcd_host_all()
> nslcd: [072367] DEBUG: myldap_search(base="dc=my-ldap-base",
> filter="(objectClass=ipHost)")
>
> * getent hosts hosts2
> nslcd: [a64e2a] DEBUG: nslcd_host_byname(hosts2)
> nslcd: myldap_search(base="dc=my-base-ldap",
> filter="(&(objectClass=ipHost)(cn=host2))

If the first search returned a result with cn=host2 I would expect the
second to also return that result. Note that in your example above you
call hosts2 (with an exrta s), I'll assume that's not the problem.

> have you got an idea of my problem ? ( I'm stopped for few days now!..)

Can you include the output of ldapsearch for the two above searches:
  ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "dc=my-ldap-base" "(objectClass=ipHost)" cn
  ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "dc=my-ldap-base"
"(&(objectClass=ipHost)(cn=host2))" cn

The only thing I can think of that could be wrong with the information
here is that a space or some other hidden character is included in or
after the hostname. Another could be that your slapd indexes are messed
up.