Re: libnss-ldapd on Debian squeeze, authentication ok, but hosts resolution is wrong

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 17:48 +0100, Philippe Marion wrote:
> 1) first search (all hosts are listed)
> ---------------
> ldapsearch -x -h my-ldap-server -b "dc=my-ldap-base"
> "(objectClass=ipHost)" cn
>
> 2) 2nde search ( -> BLANK RESPONSE ??)
> ldapsearch -x -h my-ldap-server -b "my-ldap-base"
> "(&(objectClass=ipHost)(cn=host2))" cn

This means at least the issue isn't in nslcd.

> This is my first ldap server, I came from NIS thanks
> migration_tools...Do you mean that the problem may come from a hidden
> character when I initialized slapd with the host.ldif  ?

I don't think there are hidden characters because ldapsearch always
outputs printable characters and falls back to encoding the response
otherwise. My other guess would be that your slapd indexes are outdated.
Use slapindex on the server and ensure permissions in your slapd data
directory are correct (your slapd should not be running when doing
slapindex).