Re: Sizelimit problems

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
I have compiled and packaged an RPM for version 0.7.15, installed on CentOS 5.5 x86. I have configured the system to use our LDAP server (389DS 1.2.5). But when I run "getent passwd", I get an error 4 (sizelimit exceed) (our directory has about 50000 users). I have set SIZELIMIT to 50000 in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, without success. Any idea?

In nslcd.conf you can set the pagesize option to only request a specific number of entries at a time. See the nslcd.conf(5) manual page for details.

In the LDAP server you need to allow large paged queries (sizelimit size.prtotal=unlimited in slapd.conf). For OpenLDAP, by default the query limit (size.hard) is used.

Another approach would be to limit the number of users that are exposed to the system by using the base passwd .. and filter passwd ... options.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --