Requirement for NSLCD

Hello,

I am attempting to configure LDAP auth on a RHEL/CentOS6 environment without
running nslcd; the support I have received from redhat user forums thus far
indicates that they no longer support this. I see the fact that nss-pam-ldapd
can be built without nslcd and the following quote:

 > The three parts (NSS module, PAM module, and nslcd server) can be build
 > separately and are not tied together. This means that for instance you can
 > still use pam_ldap and use the NSS module from nss-pam-ldapd.

However, the details of the architecture as I understand this would make such a
setup not work. It may be worth noting I have a completely working LDAP
solution that works on my RHEL5/CentOS5 boxes, with TLS and pam_ldap.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

--
William