Re: Nested groups missing/groups without members

Re: Nested groups missing/groups without members

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Martijn van Brummelen wrote:
>> Membership is stored in attribute uniquemember:
>
> Then you need to add the following to nslcd.conf:
>
> map group member uniqueMember
Thanks thats what I needed now I have see the members in the nested groups.
> In version 0.8.4 nss-pam-ldapd switched from using the uniqueMember
> attribute to using the member attribute by default for group membership
> because it was more common.
>
> I don't know if this will fix the total number of groups returned but it
> should make a difference for the group members.
Debugging information shows that some groups with
(spaces,commas,underscores,ampersand) are denied because of the validnames
regex.
Is there a way to disable this option before finding the fully matching
regex?

Regards,
Martijn van Brummelen