--with-nss-ldap-soname does not allow me to rename the module

--with-nss-ldap-soname does not allow me to rename the module

Hi,

I've noticed that

./configure --with-nss-ldap-soname=libnss_dbis.so.2

doesn't create a usable NSS module on Linux.  It works fine if I specify

./configure --with-nss-ldap-soname=libnss_ldap.so.2

(the default).

I'd really like for it to create a usable NSS module called "libnss_dbis", but while it compiles a library that has the correct name, and I edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to use "dbis" as a source instead of "ldap", getent fails to return anything if the library has another name. I'm not sure what's going wrong, I get no debug, which suggests the entry points are not getting called at all.

Did you ever test this with another name besides "libnss_ldap"? Is it supposed to work?

Thanks,
Mark.